- On the iPad or iPhone, go to SETTINGS > MAIL > ADD ACCOUNT
- Select OTHER from the list of types.
- Select ADD MAIL ACCOUNT
- Enter a name for the mail account (eg "Enquiries")
- Enter the email address of the shared mailbox
- Enter the password of a mailbox that has access to the shared mailbox (eg your own password if you have access to the shared mailbox)
- Enter a description for the mailbox (eg "Enquiries")
- Tap NEXT
- Select IMAP
- Fill in the blank information:
- Host name: outlook.office365.com
- In the user name box, enter the email address of the account that has access to the shared mailbox, followed by a "\" and then the email address of the shared mailbox itself. (eg "email@example.com\firstname.lastname@example.org")
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.office365.com
- User name: Enter the email address of the mailbox with the permission to "send as" the shared mailbox.
- Password: Enter the password of the mailbox with the permission to access the shared mailbox (same as step 'iv' above)
- Tap NEXT
- Tap SAVE.
Switch off the NOTES sync which should leave just MAIL switched on
Exit the MAIL app by ending the task (double press the HOME button and slide the Mail app off the top of the screen)
- Enter the MAIL app and check that the account works
How to: configure shared Office 365 mailbox on iOS Print
Modified on: Fri, 20 Sep, 2019 at 2:50 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.